If, for example, you are converting from Esri Shapefile to Oracle Spatial, in addition to converting the data, FME also converts the coordinate system metadata from the Esri representation to the Oracle representation. This transformer allows you to do this manually.
The attribute that contains the source coordinate system.
- Convert from FME Representation: Set the Representation parameter to the coordinate system type that you want to use to format the output field.
- Convert to FME Representation: Set the Representation parameter to select the coordinate system format to use when interpreting the input field.
- Autodesk Well Known Text (WKT)
- EPSG number
- Esri Well Known Text (WKT)
- MapInfo String
- OGC Well Known Text (WKT)
- Oracle SRID number
- PROJ.4 string
This is the attribute that will contain the results. The default name is _newcoordsys.
You should use this transformer only in rare instances, much like the Reprojector. Instead, you should use the workspace Navigator view to set the source and destination coordinate systems for the translation.
Editing Transformer Parameters
Using a set of menu options, transformer parameters can be assigned by referencing other elements in the workspace. More advanced functions, such as an advanced editor and an arithmetic editor, are also available in some transformers. To access a menu of these options, click beside the applicable parameter. For more information, see Transformer Parameter Menu Options.
Search FME Knowledge Center
Search for samples and information about this transformer on the FME Knowledge Center.