The Scaler scales objects to make them bigger or smaller.
A separate multiplier must be set for each of the X, Y, and Z axes. For two-dimensional features, the Z multiplier is ignored.
If Text Scaling is set to "Location and Size", any text features will have their height scaled in addition to their location.
The value of Scale Origin specifies the location. The geometry is scaled relative to Scale Origin.
- 0,0: A data shift may occur.
- Center Point: The location of the feature's center point after scaling will be the same as the center point of the input feature. If the input feature is a raster, only X and Y scale factors will cause coordinate location shifts. The Z scale factor will cause the values in the cells of the raster to be scaled by the specified amount for each selected band.
Specifies a component to scale on point cloud features. Note that the x, y, and z components can be scaled using the X, Y, and Z parameters. This parameter is intended for non-spatial components (for example, intensity).
If the same component occurs multiple times in the table, the component's value will be scaled by each of the Scale Factor values.
The multiplier that will be applied to the corresponding point cloud component.
- This transformer supports raster band and palette selection. The RasterSelector can be used to modify selection.
- This transformer simply multiplies all coordinate values with the specified scale factors. If the object being scaled is not on or near the 0,0 point of the coordinate system, using the Scaler will also introduce a shift to your data.
- This transformer works with both raster and vector data.
Editing Transformer Parameters
Using a set of menu options, transformer parameters can be assigned by referencing other elements in the workspace. More advanced functions, such as an advanced editor and an arithmetic editor, are also available in some transformers. To access a menu of these options, click beside the applicable parameter. For more information, see Transformer Parameter Menu Options.
Search FME Knowledge Center
Search for samples and information about this transformer on the FME Knowledge Center.
Tags Keywords: pointcloud