Serializes the geometry of the feature into the Blob Attribute based on the selected writer format.
The point cloud format used to encode the blob.
An attribute to preserve the specified format value for future use.
The attribute that will contain the resulting blob.
Note that when writing the Blob Attribute, you may need to adjust the attribute type to an unbounded data type to avoid truncation of the blob.
- The PointCloudReplacer may be used to do the reverse operation and convert the encoded blob back to the original data.
Alternatively if the point cloud is not required as a geometry on the feature for future processing, the AttributeFileWriter transformer can be used to dump the Blob Attribute directly to a file.
- To carry out a similar operation on vector data, please use the GeometryExtractor transformer. For raster data, please use the RasterExtractor.
- Currently supported formats include:
- ASPRS Lidar Data Exchange Format (LAS)
- ASPRS Lidar Data Exchange Format Compressed (LAZ)
- Cesium 3D Point Cloud (pnts)
Editing Transformer Parameters
Using a set of menu options, transformer parameters can be assigned by referencing other elements in the workspace. More advanced functions, such as an advanced editor and an arithmetic editor, are also available in some transformers. To access a menu of these options, click beside the applicable parameter. For more information, see Transformer Parameter Menu Options.
FME Licensing Level
FME Professional edition and above
Search FME Knowledge Center
Search for samples and information about this transformer on the FME Knowledge Center.