Alters the underlying interpretation of the selected bands of the raster geometry on the input features, using the specified conversion options.
For example, an input raster feature with a single band of interpretation UInt8 could be converted to a single band of Gray8 or UInt16 data.
This parameter selects the destination interpretation along with the bit depth. Different interpretations allow for different conversion options to be used. If bands selected for conversion contain palettes, then the destination interpretation is restricted to UInt8, UInt16 or UInt32.
These parameters select the action to undertake when the given conversion between different types occurs. The Cast option simply uses C-style casts to convert the values. The Bounded cast option uses C-style casts to convert the values too, but also validates that the source values fit into the destination type, effectively preventing underflow and overflow; if a source value does not fit, the corresponding destination value will either be set to its type's minimum or maximum value. The Scale by data values option finds the minimum and maximum values of the source values and uses them to scale the values to the full range of the destination type. The Scale by data type option scales the source values while preserving all proportions in regard to the source and destination types' range.
This parameter specifies the action to perform when converting from a floating-point value to an integer.
- Round: rounds to floating-point value to the nearest integer.
- Ceiling: gets the next integer which is greater than or equal to the floating-point value.
- Floor: gets the next integer which is less than or equal to the floating-point value.
- Each RasterBandInterpretationCoercer performs a conversion on the input raster. If multiple RasterBandInterpretationCoercers are used in sequence, then multiple conversions will take place. Data quality and translation performance may suffer.
- This transformer supports raster band selection. The RasterSelector can be used to modify the selection.
- The RasterInterpretationCoercer performs similar operations on the raster as a whole, such as converting 4 bands directly to RGBA.
- The RasterPaletteInterpretationCoercer performs similar conversions on palettes.
Editing Transformer Parameters
Using a set of menu options, transformer parameters can be assigned by referencing other elements in the workspace. More advanced functions, such as an advanced editor and an arithmetic editor, are also available in some transformers. To access a menu of these options, click beside the applicable parameter. For more information, see Transformer Parameter Menu Options.
FME Licensing Level
FME Professional edition and above
This transformer replaces the RasterDataTypeCoercer and RasterColorModelCoercer transformers.
Search FME Knowledge Center
Search for samples and information about this transformer on the FME Knowledge Center.