You are here: Administrator's Guide > Installation Options > Distributed Installation > Performing an Installation for Active-Passive Failover
Performing an Installation for Active-Passive Failover
Before installing FME Server for active-passive failover, make sure you have:
- Read and understood Active-Passive Architecture.
- Reviewed Install FME Server: Before You Begin.
- Provided the prerequisites in Before Installation.
To perform an installation for active-passive failover:
- Install the FME Server Core and FME Engines on both the primary and failover machines.
- Configure the FME Server Cores for Failover.
- Install the FME Server Web Services.
- Configure the FME Server Database on your database server.
- Request and Install a License on both the primary and failover machines.
- (Upgrade Only) Restore your FME Server Configuration from a Previous Installation.
- (Recommended) Update the Windows service accounts that run the FME System Services.
- (Optional) Configure a Notification To Monitor Failover.
- Test for Failover: Using this suggested process, test the installation to make sure jobs run to completion when failover occurs and when the system is restored to its original state.
- Optimize: You can scale-up your active-passive system by: