You are here: Administrator's Guide > Installation Options > Distributed Installation > Testing a High Availability Installation for Failover
Testing an Active-Passive Installation for Failover
The following is a suggested process for testing an active-passive installation for failover.
- In FME Workbench, open a blank workspace.
- Add a Creator transformer.
- Attach a Decelerator transformer. In the parameters dialog, set Delay Per Feature to 60 seconds.
- Publish the workspace to the FME Server installation you want to test. On the Register Services page of the Publish to FME Server wizard, select Job Submitter, and click Publish.
- Log in to the FME Server Web User Interface.
- On the Home page, click Run a Workspace.
- On the Workspace Repositories page, locate the workspace you uploaded. Click on the workspace name to open it.
- On the workspace page, under Job Submitter, click Run.
- Without waiting for the workspace to complete, return to the workspace and run it four more times.
- On the machine hosting the active FME Server Core, stop the FME Server Core service.
- After a minute or two, the secondary FME Server Core should become active and start processing jobs.
- Revert to the original state:
- Start the original FME Server Core service that was stopped.
- Stop the secondary FME Server Core service.
- Eventually, all five jobs should execute successfully. To verify, see the Completed table on the Jobs page.
- After you verify, make sure to start the secondary FME Server Core service.