There are three main tasks to perform when configuring access to FME Server services and applications:
- Configuring Authentication for Security Resources
- Configuring Role-Based Access to Security Resources (below)
- Configuring for HTTPS
The Security page uses the following hierarchy to configure access rights to security resources:
- Users: The person who accesses the applications or services. A user can belong to one or more roles.
- Roles: A group of one or more users.
- Security Resources (Object Policies): The web services, applications, and other FME Server components to which roles are granted access.
- Permissions (Role Policies): The set of activities that are permitted, for a given role, on each FME Server Security resource.
For more information about configuring permissions, see Role-Based Access Control.