In an FME Server installation in which engines are distributed among multiple machines on a network, all log files are written to the machine that hosts the FME Server core, by default. This log activity may lead to slow network traffic and affect I/O on the core. To address this problem, you can point log file output to the local file system of each FME Server engine.
- On the machine that hosts the FME Server core, copy the *.properties files, located in:
- On each machine hosting FME Server engines:
- Create a /Resources directory under <FMEServerDir>, and paste the *.properties files into that directory.
- Open fmeCommonConfig.txt, located in:
- Update the RESOURCE_PATH directive to the newly-created local /Resources directory. For example:
- Save and close the fmeCommonConfig.txt file.
- Restart the FME Server service.