Beginning with FME Server 2013, a workspace is provided that can be scheduled to perform a backup of the Server configuration to an FME Feature Store (FFS) file. The configuration back up includes repositories, services, notifications, security settings and schedules.
To Enable a Schedule Backup
- Log into the FME Server Web User Interface:
- Select Manage > Schedules.
- Click the Backup_Configuration entry.
- On the Editing Schedule page, check "true" beside Enabled.
- Edit other parameters as necessary
- Click OK.
The following parameters are specific to the Backup_Configuration schedule:
- FME Server Username: The user performing the backup. The user must belong to the the fmesuperuser role.
- FME Server Password: Password of the user.
- Backup File (FFS): The file to store the backup. The location must be accessible by the engine running the workspace. It can refer to a UNC path.
- Backup Password: Password to access the backup file.
- Append Date: If Yes, the date and time of the backup is appended to the filename.