Running the System Services Under Different Accounts
By default, the FME Server Core, FME Server Engines, and FME Server Application Server Windows services run under the local system account, which does not have network permissions. You may need to run these services under different accounts that can read and write data to the FME Server system share, particularly in a distributed installation where these services are installed on separate machines. The FME Server Core and Web Application Server require access to the FME Server Repository and log files, while the FME Engines need access to Resources directories where workspaces read and write data.
To Run the System Services Under Different Accounts
- (FME Server Engines service only) If your FME Server Engines are installed separately from the FME Server Core (Adding FME Engines on a Separate Machine), you may need to update the user account that runs the Engines to provide the necessary network access. First, ensure that account has the necessary permissions on the FME Server Core and FME Server Database machines, and run
changeEngineUser.bat. For more information, see Running the FME Server Engines Under a Different Account.
- Open the Windows Services:
- In the Services list, right-click FME Server Application Server, FME Server Core, or FME Server Engines, and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog, click the Log On tab.
- Select This account, and specify a user account and password that provides the network permissions required by your configuration. If you are updating the FME Server Engines account, make sure the account corresponds to the user you specified when running
- Click OK.
- Restart the services you updated.
Select Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.