You are here: Administrator's Guide > Installation Options > Distributed Installation > Before Installation
Before you install the FME Server components for an active-passive system, ensure the following non-FME Server components are in place on your network:
- Fault-tolerant database server on a separate machine.
- Fault-tolerant file system on a separate machine.
- Fault-tolerant web application server on a separate machine; or, if using the Web Application Server provided with FME Server, a machine on which to install it.
- A separate machine on which to install the primary FME Server Core and FME Engines.
- A separate machine on which to install the secondary FME Server Core and FME Engines.
- (Recommended) One or more Windows service accounts with read and write permissions on the network shares of the FME Server Core, FME Engines, and Web Application Server. In most fault-tolerant installations, this account is necessary for these components to communicate with each other across a network. For more information, see Running the System Services Under Different Accounts.