FME Readers and Writers
New Formats in FME 2016
Links to Popular Formats
ArcSDE Geodb Workbench Parameters
ArcSDE Geodb Raster Catalog Workbench Parameters
ArcSDE Geodb Raster Dataset Workbench Parameters
File Geodb ArcObjects Workbench Parameters
File Geodb Raster Catalog
File Geodb Raster Dataset
Personal Geodatabase MDB Workbench Parameters
- Oracle Spatial Object Reader/Writer
- Oracle Spatial Object Quick Facts
- Point Cloud-Specific Quick Facts
- Raster-Specific Quick Facts
- Oracle Spatial Point Cloud Reader Parameters
- Oracle Spatial Point Cloud Writer Parameters
- Oracle Spatial GeoRaster Reader Parameters
- Oracle Spatial GeoRaster Writer Parameters
- Oracle Spatial Object Reader Parameters
- Oracle Spatial Object Writer Parameters
This is Safe Software's technical reference guide to more than 300 formats. It also provides help for Workbench format parameter settings.
- Quick Facts: This table contains high-level information on the format’s characteristics. For raster formats, it also includes raster-specific quick facts.
- Format Reader/Writer Parameters: These topics contain format-specific Workbench parameters.
- User Attributes: User Attributes tab in the Writer Feature Type Properties dialog.
- Writer Feature Type Format Parameters: Format Attributes tab in the Writer Feature Type Properties dialog.
- Feature Representation: FME adds generic feature attributes to all features (see About Feature Attributes). Most formats also add format-specific attributes, which are listed in this section.
- Mapping File Directives (Advanced Users): Most reader and writer directives correspond to Format Reader/Writer Parameters (see above) or Advanced parameters in the Workbench Navigator pane. These sections contain detailed technical information on FME-supported formats, and are intended for a technical audience involved in configuring FME for customized translation.
FME Desktop Help Map
Product documentation is accessed from the Start menu > FME Desktop > Documentation, and from any FME component Help menu.
By default, documentation is live (online); however, you can also choose to use installed (offline) documentation. From Workbench, select FME Options > Default Paths > Documentation Help Locations.
FME Desktop documentation includes:
|FME Workbench||This is the primary FME Desktop application for translating and transforming data.|
|FME Data Inspector||View data in any FME-supported format. Use the Data Inspector to preview data before translation, verify it after translation, and check data at any point during a translation.|
|FME Readers and Writers||This is a technical reference to the 300+ spatial and non-spatial data formats that FME Workbench is capable of reading and writing. It also includes format parameters that are visible in Workbench.|
|FME Transformers||This is a comprehensive reference to the 400+ FME transformers. Transformers are used in FME Workbench to perform geometric and attribute restructuring of features during a translation.|
|FME Coordinate Systems||This is a guide to associating coordinate systems with features in FME Desktop.|
|FME Integration Console||This component allows you to integrate certain third-party applications with FME Desktop.|