Menus and Toolbar
The toolbar gives you quick access to various commands. To see what a toolbar button does without actually selecting it, float your cursor over the button to view a short description of its function.
Customize the Toolbar
Right-click in an empty spot on the Workbench toolbar, and click Customize Toolbar.
This opens the FME Options dialog, and displays the Toolbar options.
The area at the bottom left-hand side of the Workbench window displays progress information, as well as short descriptions of selected menu items or toolbar buttons. This area also displays the FME version and build number.
To quickly move through a workspace, use keyboard navigation.
- The arrow keys will move you to different parts of a workspace, including links, and the Enter key will open properties for editing.
- Press the Esc key to quickly cancel a pan or zoom mode.
- When you are zoomed out in a workspace, you can float your cursor over constants and annotations to display tool-tips that show their text.
- Press and drag the middle mouse button (this is the mouse wheel on most mice) to pan around the workspace.
- Hold down the Ctrl key and roll the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.
- Use keyboard shortcuts.