Arranging Objects on the Canvas
If you have manually placed a lot of objects on the Workbench Canvas, it may start to look a little messy. You can clean up your canvas in the following ways:
- Apply auto-layout to the entire canvas in one easy operation.
- Align selected objects with one another, horizontally or vertically.
- Evenly space (spread) selected objects, horizontally or vertically.
Align and Spread
The Align and Spread tools work only on two or more objects that you select on the canvas. Once selected, these tools are available in the following ways:
- From the context menu, when you right-click on the name of a selected object.
- From the Edit menu or the Toolbar.
When you choose this method, the object on which you click remains in place, and the other selected objects move in relation to it.
When you choose either of these methods, the last-selected object remains in place, and the previously-selected objects move in relation to it.