Email - SMTP
The Email - SMTP trigger allows you to configure email addresses to receive messages from SMTP email clients, and send the email data to FME Server as JSON.
The Email - SMTP trigger has two output ports. The success port (✔) can send a message if the trigger receives successfully. The failure port (x) can send a message if the trigger fails to receive.
To use the Email - SMTP trigger, you must first make sure your FME Server is properly configured to receive email. For more information see Configuring FME Server to Receive Email.
Note: See also Working with Parameters in Automations Workflows.
Tip: To test that your parameters work as expected, click Validate.
- Email User Name:
- To email FME Server directly, enter the user account name to receive the email on the FME Server host system. For example, if the FME Server host name is services.internal, and the email address is email@example.com, enter user.
- To email a separate server that relays the email to FME Server, enter the user name of the email address on the email server. For example, if the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, enter user.
Note: A rule must be configured on the email server that relays emails for the specified Email User Name on to FME Server. The rule must specify the FME Server machine name and SMTP port. To determine the port, see Configuring for SMTP.
- Download Attachments To: (Optional) Specify a location to download any attachments.
Note: Email addresses are case-insensitive.
- Select a Resources folder (...).
- Enter your own location. Directory paths must use forward slashes (/) or escaped backslashes (\\).
If not specified, any attachments are saved to the following default temporary folder:
If specified, the following subfolder is created in the specified location:
If <specifiedLocation> is invalid, attachments are saved to the default temporary folder.
If <automation_name>, <email_subject>, or <filename> contains invalid characters, these characters are stripped. Invalid characters are \/:*?\"<>|&='+%#. Whitespace characters are converted to _.
(Failure port only) Error type:
|error.message||(Failure port only) Error message|
|email.subject||(Success port only) Email subject|
|email.body||(Success port only) Email body|
(Success port only) Email attachment
Note: If the email contains multiple attachments, this key accesses only the first attachment. To access multiple attachments, use email.attachments instead.
|email.attachments||(Success port only) Path to directory containing all email attachments|
|email.sent||(Success port only) Time sent|
|email.received||(Success port only) Time received|
|email.from||(Success port only) Sent from address|
|email.to||(Success port only) Sent to address|
|email.contentType||(Success port only) Email body content type|
Email - SMTP Trigger Log Files
- Shows some additional communication between SMTP Relay and FME Server.
- Shows Email Received - SMTP trigger and configuring email accounts