Select Files & Connections > Resources.
The Resources page provides a convenient way to store and access the following:
- FME Server backup files.
- HTML reports generated for Dashboards.
- Data files that can be shared between different workspaces that are run from FME Server, regardless of repository.
- FME Engine Resources, including custom formats, custom transformers, custom coordinate systems, and custom Java and Python modules, that can be shared between different workspaces that are run from FME Server.
- FME Server log files.
- Connections to your own network resources and Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3 buckets.
- Temporary files created by FME Server.
Navigating Resource Folders
Click on a folder to open it.
To return to a higher-level folder or the Resources landing page (Home), use the breadcrumb at the top.
To order the view of files or folders by Name, Size, or Date, click on the respective column name. To change the order from ascending to descending (or vice versa), click again.
Performing Tasks Inside Resource Folders and Files
To perform various tasks, use the buttons at top right.
Uploading Files and Folders
Select Upload and specify whether to upload an entire folder, or specific files. Alternatively, drag and drop a file or folder onto the page.
When uploading files or a folder, keep in mind the following:
- FME Engine Resources, such as custom formats, custom transformers, and custom coordinate systems, must be uploaded to the applicable subfolder under Engine in order for workspaces to use them. For example, a custom format must be uploaded to the Engine > Formats folder.
- Upload custom Java modules to the Engine > Plugins > Java folder. Upload custom Python modules to the folder under Engine > Plugins > python that corresponds to the Python release compatible with the module (for example, python36). For more information, see Using Additional Python Modules.
- When uploading linked custom transformers, any references to Database Connections or Web Connections are not uploaded. These must be added separately.
To manage uploads of files that are completed or in process, click Uploads. (This button does not appear on the Resources page until you have initiated at least one upload.)
- Cancel: Cancels uploading of any selected items that are not completed.
- Cancel All: Cancels uploading of all remaining items that are not completed.
- Remove: Removes the selected items from the upload view.
- Clear Completed: Removes all items whose status is Completed from the upload view.
- Create Folder: Create sub-folders.
- Download: Download files and folders.
- Remove: Remove files and folders.
- Copy: Copy files and folders.
- Move: Move files and folders.
Note You cannot move files and folders between an FME Server resource folder and a user-defined network resource.
- View:Select one or more files to preview, or double-click a file. From the File Preview window, you can:
Note When viewing FME Server log files, times display in your local time zone. However, downloaded FME Server log files display times in the time zone of the FME Server that produced the log.
- Refresh or Download the current file.
- Find strings in the current file (text-based files only).
- Search : Search for files in a folder.
- Properties (right-click only): Displays the system path of a file or folder as a macro that can be copied and used in an FME Desktop workspace.
Creating and Managing Your Own Resource Connections
You can create and manage connections to your own network resources and Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3 buckets. For more information, see Creating and Managing Resource Connections.
To share a resource, click the Share with Others icon. Through sharing, you can grant levels of permissions on an item to other users. You can share an item if you own it, or if you are a user with Manage permission in Security, such as an administrator. For more information about sharing and ownership, see Role-Based and User-Based Access Control.