The Dashboards page provides access to the following reports about your FME Server:
- Daily Total Jobs: Total number of jobs run on FME Server per day.
- Failures By Workspace: Top 20 workspaces with failures reported in the last month.
- Daily Total Running Time: Total time (in seconds) FME Engines have spent running jobs.
- Daily Average Queued Time: Average time (in seconds) jobs have waited in the queue.
- Peak Usage Time by Workspace: Number of jobs run each hour in the last 24 hours, by workspace.
- Peak Usage Time by Engine: Number of jobs run each hour in the last 24 hours, by FME Engine.
- Peak Usage Time by Server: Number of jobs run each hour in the last 24 hours, by server (applies only to a distributed installation of FME Server).
- Average Translation Time: Top 20 longest running workspaces on FME Server in the last month.
Select a report name to open it.
Dashboard reports are generated from job history data collected by workspace JobHistoryStatisticsGathering. To generate updated reports, use one of the following methods:
- Scheduled (recommended): On the Schedules page, open schedule DashboardStatisticsGathering. By default, this schedule is configured to run workspace JobHistoryStatisticsGathering once per day at midnight, as well as the workspaces corresponding to each report. On the Editing Schedule page:
- Enable the schedule.
- Adjust the schedule frequency as desired.
- Provide your FME Server user name and password as published parameters.
- Click OK to save.
- From the Run Workspace page, run workspace JobHistoryStatisticsGathering from the Dashboards repository. You will need to provide your FME Server username and password as published parameters.
- From the Run a Workspace page (Dashboards repository), run the workspace corresponding to the report you want to generate (see above). For example, to see the DailyTotalJobs report, run DailyTotalJobs.fmw.
Creating Your Own Dashboard Reports
Workspace JobHistoryStatisticsGathering writes CSV files with job history statistics to the Dashboards\temp folder in the Resources page. You can create your own reports from the data generated by this workspace, and display them on the Dashboards page.
- Create an FME Desktop workspace that writes an HTML file with the desired information in the desired report format. The HTMLReportGenerator transformer and/or the HTML writer are useful tools for outputting HTML charts.
- Configure the workspace to write the HTML file to $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DASHBOARD)\dashboards. This location corresponds to the Dashboards\dashboards folder on the Resources page. Any HTML file in that folder appears on the Dashboards page.
- Create an Automations workflow that receives messages from topic GENERATE_DASHBOARD and runs your workspace from a Run a Workspace action.
- To control when your workspace runs and generates reports, along with the preconfigured workspaces, see Generating Updated Dashboard Reports (above).
Note: We recommend using an existing workspace as a template, and modifying it accordingly. From the Run Workspace page, specify the Dashboards repository, and select one of the following workspaces that generate one of the HTML charts described above, respectively: FailuresByWorkspace.fmw, DailyTotalRunningTime.fmw, DailyAverageQueuedTime.fmw, DailyTotalJobs.fmw, or AverageRunningTime.fmw.