Workspaces that are run from FME Server can use custom formats, custom transformers, and custom coordinate systems in the same way that FME Workbench does. There are three ways to upload these shared custom resources to FME Server:
- Use the Resources page of the FME Server Web User Interface: This method makes custom formats, custom transformers, and custom coordinate systems available to all workspaces on FME Server.
- Publish to FME Server: Makes a custom format or custom transformer available to all workspaces in the same repository to which it is published.
- Publish to FME Server with a Workspace: This method allows you to add resources when publishing a workspace. You can upload the resources to a repository or to a resources folder. If you upload to a resources folder, the resources are available to all other workspaces on FME Server. If you choose a repository, the resources are available to all other workspaces in the same repository to which the current workspace is published.
Open the custom format or custom transformer in FME Workbench:
File > Open > Select custom format/transformer
Publish the resource to FME Server as you would publish a workspace.
The resource then becomes available to workspaces within the repository to which you published it.
- Open the workspace you want to publish in FME Workbench.
- Start the Publish to FME Server wizard:
- On the Publish Workspace dialog, click Select Files.
- On the Upload Files dialog, click Add Files.
- Select the resource file you want to include.
- On the Upload Files dialog, click Change Location.
- On the Change Upload Location dialog, specify an Upload Directory:
File > Publish to FME Server
- Upload to Repository: All resources published with the workspace are accessible to any user with permission on the same repository. Other workspaces in the repository can access these resources, provided their respective source dataset parameters are manually set to point to the resources.
- Upload to a shared resource folder: All resources published with the workspace will be available to all other workspaces run from FME Server, from any repository. Resources must be uploaded to the applicable subdirectory under Engine in order for workspaces to use them. For example, a custom format must be uploaded to the Engine > Formats folder.
Note: If custom coordinate system files are uploaded to any of the applicable Engine subfolders, the FME Server Engines service must be restarted before they can be used in a workspace. These include the CoordinateSystemExceptions, CoordinateSystemGridOverrides, CoordinateSystems, and CsmapTransformationExceptions subfolders.