Email - IMAP
The Email - IMAP trigger receives email messages from an IMAP server.
The Email - IMAP trigger has two output ports. The success port (✔) can send a message if the trigger fetches successfully. The failure port (x) can send a message if the trigger fails to fetch.
- IMAP Server Host: Provide the host name or IP address of the IMAP server.
- Gmail: imap.gmail.com
- Outlook (Live and Hotmail): imap-mail.outlook.com
- Yahoo: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- AOL: imap.aol.com
- IMAP Server Port: Provide the TCP port over which IMAP communication takes place.
- IMAP Email Account/Password: Provide the email address and password of the account receiving emails over IMAP.
- Connection Security: Specify the encryption mechanism to use for the IMAP connection. The mechanism selected must work over the specified port.
- Verify SSL Certificate: If Yes, the connection to the specified IMAP Server Host is verified with a valid, signed SSL certificate. If No, the connection is not verified with an SSL certificate. This option is not secure and not recommended unless absolutely necessary, such as when using a self-signed certificate.
- Poll Interval: Specify how often to poll the IMAP server for email.
- Emails to Fetch: Choose New Emails Only to fetch messages that are received after this automation is created. Choose Unread Emails to fetch all unread messages from the inbox.
- Filter Type: Allows you to fetch only the messages specified by the filter, based on content in the subject line. Filter Type can be:
- Simple: A specified string (case-insensitive).
- Regex: A regular expression. For information about creating regular expressions, see https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html.
- Subject Filter (optional): Provide the filter, according to the specified Filter Type. Wildcard characters are not supported. If blank, no filter is applied, and all unread/new messages are fetched.
- Download Attachments To (optional): Specify a location to download any attachments.
- Select a Resources folder (...).
- Enter your own location. Directory paths must use forward slashes (/) or escaped backslashes (\\).
If not specified, any attachments are saved to the following default temporary folder:
If specified, the following subfolder is created in the specified location:
If <specifiedLocation> is invalid, attachments are saved to the default temporary folder.
If <automation_name>, <email_subject>, or <filename> contains invalid characters, these characters are stripped. Invalid characters are \/:*?\"<>|&='+%#. Whitespace characters are converted to _.
- Client ID (optional): For open authorization (OAuth) as a registered application with the Microsoft identity platform, specify the Application (client) ID. The client ID is created when configuring an Azure Active Directory tenant.
|Protocol||Default TCP Port|
Note: A client secret is not required.
(Failure port only) Error type:
|error.message||(Failure port only) Error message|
|email.subject||(Success port only) Email subject|
|email.body||(Success port only) Email body|
(Success port only) Email attachment
Note If the email contains multiple attachments, this key accesses only the first attachment. To access multiple attachments, use email.attachments instead.
|email.attachments||(Success port only) Path to directory containing all email attachments|
|email.sent||(Success port only) Time sent|
|email.received||(Success port only) Time received|
|email.from||(Success port only) Sent from address|
|email.to||(Success port only) Sent to address|
|email.contentType||(Success port only) Email body content type|