Working with Parameters in Automations Workflows
Under the Parameters tab, drop-down lists are visible beside applicable parameters.
As you build an Automations workflow, you can access any incoming parameters from upstream components, where applicable. This access becomes evident after you make connections between input and output ports, and view the details of a downstream component, either an action or external action.
Parameter drop-down lists provide the following selections, depending on workflow and component:
- Text Editor: Opens a text editor for composing expressions. The same parameters that are available elsewhere in the drop-down list are available here.
- Add to Global Keys: Opens an editor for Creating Global Keys.
- Global: Any global output keys that were created for the workflow. For more information, see Creating Global Keys.
- User Keys: Any user keys that were created for the component. For more information, see Viewing Keys, Disabling/Enabling Keys, and Creating User Keys.
- General: Properties of the Automations workflow.
- Webhook Keys: Keys imported for a Webhook trigger.
- Event as JSON: Specifies the JSON-formatted text of the trigger event(s) as it enters the component.
- Event (Other): General properties of the trigger event that initiated the workflow.
- Trigger-Specific: Properties that pertain to the type of trigger event that initiated the workflow.
- Workspace: The properties of a workspace that ran as the result of an action.