Perform the following tasks:
- Install the FME Server Web Services
- Configure Firewall Settings
- (Oracle WebLogic only) Disable WebLogic Authentication
- Start the FME Server Installer on the <webHost>.
- Select the Custom/Distributed Install.
- On the Custom Setup dialog, select only the Web Services component for installation.
- On the Destination Folder dialog, specify the installation directory.
- On the User Account dialog, specify the Windows user account that will run the FME Server System Services. This account must have:
- Access to the FME Server System Share that you specify in the next dialog. The System Share is the location where FME Server stores Repositories and Resources files. (For more information, see Provide a Remote File System for the FME Server System Share.)
- "Log on as a service" rights on this machine. For more information, see this Microsoft Docs article.
- On the Existing FME Server System Share dialog, specify the UNC path to the remote file system for the FME Server System Share.
- On the FME Server Hostname dialog, enter the host name of the computer on which FME Server is installed.
- On the Administrator Account dialog, enter a user name and password for the admin account. For more information, see Default User Accounts and Passwords.
- On the Web Application Server dialog, specify the web application server. If already provided, it is recommended that you shut down the service during installation.
- On the Web Application Server Port dialog, specify the port to use for communication with the web application server. Port 80 is the recommended default. If this port is in use, port 8080 is recommended.
Note: Common applications that may be using port 80 include Skype and Internet Information Services (IIS). Either turn off these services, or select a different port, such as 8080.
On the <webHost>, mount the FME Server installation directory shared on the <coreHost>:
- Start the FME Server Installer.
- Select the Distributed (Custom) install option.
At the feature selection dialog, select only the Web Services component.
The installer prompts you for the name of the FME Server Host.
Enter the host name of the computer on which FME Server is installed.
The installer prompts you for the path to the remote file system for the FME Server System Share.
Enter the path to the mounted directory.
The installer prompts you to specify the web application server. If already provided, it is recommended that you shut down the service during installation.
Manually start FME Server and configure it to start automatically.
- In order for the Data Download and Data Streaming web services to reference the correct web host location when outputting results that are returned from an FME Engine, you must manually change this location in your FME Engine configuration files:
- Locate your FME Engine configuration files, under <FMEServerDir>\Server\fmeEngineConfig*.txt
- For each file, under the SUB_SECTION for FILE_DOWNLOAD_SERVICE and STREAM_DOWNLOAD_SERVICE, modify the SUCCESS_RESPONSE directive as follows:
SUCCESS_RESPONSE 0:Translation Successful|OutputLocation=!FME_AUTO_DIR_NAME!
SUCCESS_RESPONSE 0:Translation Successful|OutputLocation=<webHost>/DefaultResults/!FME_AUTO_DIR_NAME_SIMPLE!
Following the installation on <webHost>, the FME Server Web Application Server automatically starts. If you used your own web application server, you can restart that service.
The FME Server Web Services and other clients communicate with the FME Server Core over TCP/IP. Requests are sent to the FME Server Core over port 7071. Result messages are returned to clients over a randomly assigned port created by the FME Server Core. Therefore, be sure to configure any firewall settings on the
<webHost> with a rule to allow for full communication with the
If you are using an Oracle WebLogic server, you must disable WebLogic authentication. This step is necessary to prevent WebLogic from intercepting login requests, which interferes with FME Server authentication.
- Locate and open the following configuration file in your WebLogic installation:
- Add (or change) the following lines before the security configuration closing tag </security-configuration>:
- Save and close the file.