Resources are files that can be shared between workspaces run from FME Server, regardless of the repository in which they are stored. Resources are useful in running and debugging workspaces, and performing other administrative tasks. The Resources page of the Web User Interface provides a convenient way to access these files.
The following types of resources are configured by default:
- FME Server backup files.
- HTML reports generated for Dashboards.
- Data files that can be shared between different workspaces that are run from FME Server, regardless of repository.
- FME Engine Resources, including custom formats, custom transformers, custom coordinate systems, and custom Java and Python modules, that can be shared between different workspaces that are run from FME Server.
- FME Server log files.
- Connections to your own network resources and Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3 buckets.
- Temporary files created by FME Server.
(Non-FME Cloud customers only) The Shared Resource Management section of the FME Server configuration file (fmeServerConfig.txt) defines the storage of resources. You can manually change the default file path where resources are located. You can also add your own top-level directories. For more information, see the Resources page.