Engines & Licensing
Use the Engines & Licensing page to perform the following tasks:
- License your engines. Follow the steps in Request and Install a License.
- Configure the Number of FME Engines to Start (see below).
- View the Deployment Status of components in your FME Server.
- Configure Job Queues.
Select Engines & Licensing > Configure. Under Hosts, move the cursor over the Engines field for the Engine host you want to configure, use the up/down arrows to change the number of starting engines as desired, and click Change.
When configuring the number of FME Engines to start, consider the following:
- Changes on the Engine Management page are requested through port 7500, by default. To process these requests, it may be necessary to configure a rule in the firewall settings of machines hosting FME Engines to allow open communication through port 7500. To change the port number through which these requests are processed, use the NODE_ENGINE_ADMIN_PORT directive in the processMonitorConfigEngines.txt and fmeServerConfig.txt configuration files, located in <FMEServerDir>\Server.
- If 32-bit and 64-bit FME Engines are installed on the same host, you can increase the number of engines; however, new engines are by default 64-bit. If you decrease the number of engines, you will lose 32-bit engines and will not recover them until a restart of FME Server.