The FME Server installer provides three options for installation: Express, Distributed, and Engine.
The Express option installs all required components, and is the easiest way to install FME Server.
- Install FME Server: Express Installation for Windows
- Install FME Server: Express Installation for Linux
When to Choose the Express Install
The Distributed Installation option provides flexibility over which components to install yourself and which are installed automatically.
When to Choose the Distributed Install
Use the Distributed installation for any of these scenarios:
- You want to install multiple FME Servers for failover.
- You want to implement an n-tier architecture.
- You want finer control over applying security updates to the FME Server web application and database servers.
The Engine installation allows you to build onto a current FME Server installation by Adding FME Engines on a Separate Machine for fault tolerance and/or high capacity.