The Dashboards page provides access to the following reports about the health of your FME Server:
- FailuresByWorkspace: Top 20 workspaces with failures reported in the last month.
- DailyTotalRunningTime: Total time (in seconds) FME Server Engines have spent running jobs.
- DailyAverageQueuedTime: Average time (in seconds) jobs have waited in the queue.
- DailyTotalJobs: Total number of jobs run on FME Server per day.
- AverageRunningTime: Top 20 longest running workspaces on FME Server in the last month.
Click on a report name to open it. Use your browser's back button to return to the Dashboards page.
Getting Updated Reports
The reports on the Dashboards page are generated from job history data collected by workspace JobHistoryStatisticsGathering. To generate updated dashboard reports, use one of the following methods:
- Scheduled (recommended): On the Schedules page, open schedule DashboardStatisticsGathering. This schedule is configured to run workspace JobHistoryStatisticsGathering once per day at midnight, as well as the workspaces corresponding to each report. By default, it is disabled. On the Editing Schedule page:
- Enable the schedule.
- Provide your FME Server username and password.
- If desired, adjust the schedule frequency.
- Click OK to save.
- From the Run a Workspace page, run workspace JobHistoryStatisticsGathering. You can find this workspace in the Dashboards repository. You will need to provide your FME Server username and password as published parameters.
- From the Run a Workspace page (Dashboards repository), run the workspace corresponding to the report you want to generate (see above). For example, to see the DailyTotalJobs report, run DailyTotalJobs.fmw.
Creating Your Own Dashboard Reports
Workspace JobHistoryStatisticsGathering writes CSV files with job history statistics to the Dashboards\temp folder in the Resources page. You can create your own reports from the data generated by this workspace, and display them on the Dashboards page.
- Create an FME Desktop workspace that writes an HTML file with the desired information in the desired report format. The HTMLReportGenerator transformer and/or the HTML writer are useful tools for outputting HTML charts.
- Configure the workspace to write the HTML file to $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DASHBOARD)\dashboards. This location corresponds to the Dashboards\dashboards folder on the Resources page. Any HTML file in that folder appears on the Dashboards page.
- Create a FME Workspace Subscriber on Notification Service topic GENERATE_DASHBOARD that runs your workspace.
- To control when your workspace runs and generates reports, along with the preconfigured workspaces, see Getting Updated Reports (above).
Note: We recommend using an existing workspace as a template, and modifying it accordingly. From the Run Workspace page, specify the Dashboards repository, and select one of the following workspaces that generate one of the HTML charts described above, respectively: FailuresByWorkspace.fmw, DailyTotalRunningTime.fmw, DailyAverageQueuedTime.fmw, DailyTotalJobs.fmw, or AverageRunningTime.fmw.