Select Automations > Notifications > Subscriptions.
Subscriptions receive notifications from topics, and deliver the content to clients over a supported protocol. For more information, see Notification Service.
Click on the Subscriptions tab to open the table view of subscriptions. You will see a list of subscriptions and the topics to which they are subscribed. Some subscriptions are already created for you by FME Server. For more information about these subscriptions, see Monitoring FME Server Events from Topics.
Creating a Subscription
To create a subscription, click New. Alternatively, select an existing subscription that is similar to the one you want to create, and click Duplicate.
- Provide a name for the subscription.
- Select a protocol. (See below for descriptions)
Specify the Topics you want to subscribe to using the drop-down selector. To create a topic and use it right away, click +.
- Protocol-specific fields will appear underneath (see below). Complete these fields. For more information, see Subscribers.
- Click OK.
The following are brief descriptions of the available subscription protocols. For more information, see Subscribers.
- Amazon S3: Uploads objects to an Amazon S3 bucket upon receiving a notification from a topic.
- Amazon SNS: Delivers notifications to an Amazon SNS topic.
- Amazon SQS: Delivers notifications to an Amazon SQS queue.
- Azure Event Grid: Sends events to Microsoft Azure Event Grid topics.
- Dropbox: Receives notifications and uploads files to a folder of a Dropbox account.
- Email: Delivers notifications to email addresses.
- FTP: Receives notifications and uploads files to specified FTP hosts.
- HTTP Request: Posts notifications to a target URL using an HTTP request.
- Java Message System (JMS): Delivers notifications to JMS-compliant message brokers, such as IBM WebSphere MQ.
- Logger: Delivers notifications to the FME Server notifications log file.
- SFTP: Receives notifications and uploads files over a Secure Shell (SSH) connection to specified SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) hosts.
- WebSocket: Delivers notifications over TCP to WebSocket-supported clients that are connected to the FME Server WebSocket server or another target URL.
- Workspace: Subscribes an FME Desktop workspace to a topic. The specified workspace runs each time it receives a notification from the specified topic.
Modifying a Subscription
To modify a subscription, click on the subscription entry in the table. A dialog similar to the one used to add new subscriptions will appear populated with the properties of the selected subscriptions. Make changes as needed and click OK.
Sharing a Subscription
To share a subscription, click the Share with Others icon. Through sharing, you can grant levels of permissions on an item to other users. You can share an item if you own it, or if you are a user with Manage permission in Security, such as an administrator. For more information about sharing and ownership, see Role-Based and User-Based Access Control.
Removing a Subscription
To remove a subscription, click the check box beside the subscription, and click Remove.