Running the FME Server System Services Under Different Accounts (Windows)
By default, the FME Server Core, FME Server Engines, and FME Server Application Server Windows services run under the local system account, which does not have network permissions. You may need to run these services under different accounts that can read and write data to the FME Server System Share and FME Server installation directory, particularly in a distributed installation where these services are installed on separate machines. For more information about required permissions for the FME Server System Services, see Directory and Account Permissions.
To Run the FME Server System Services Under Different Accounts
- (FME Server Engines service only) If your FME Engines are installed separately from the FME Server Core (Adding FME Engines on a Separate Machine), you may need to update the user account that runs the FME Engines to provide read/write access to the FME Server System Share and FME Server installation directory. Ensure that account has the necessary permissions on the FME Server Core and FME Server Database machines. For more information, see Running the FME Engines Under a Different Account.
- Open the Windows Services:
- In the Services list, right-click FME Server Application Server, FME Server Core, or FME Server Engines, and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog, click the Log On tab.
- Select This account, and specify a user account and password that provides permissions to the FME Server System Share and FME Server installation directory. If you are updating the FME Server Engines account, make sure the account corresponds to the user you specified in Step 1.
- If Cross-Origin Resource Sharing settings have been updated, and you are updating the FME Server Engines account, grant Write permissions on file cors.properties to the user you specified in Step 1. This file is located in the \localization\clients folder of the FME Server System Share. For more information, see Directory and Account Permissions. (You must have direct access to this file; it is not available from the Resources page of the Web User Interface.)
- Click OK.
- Restart the FME Server System Services you updated.
Select Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
Note: The FME Server Core service is dependent on the FME Server Database service, which must remain under the Local System account.