Distributing Components (3-Tier)
Before installing a 3-tier distributed architecture, make sure you have:
- Read and understood Planning an FME Server Installation.
- Provided the prerequisites in Before Installation.
- Linux: Ensured System Requirements are met, including updates and dependencies.
To perform a 3-tier installation of FME Server:
- Obtain the Installer
- Install the FME Server Database
- Install the FME Server Core and FME Engines
- Install the FME Server Web Services
- Configure the FME Server Database
- Log on to the Web User Interface
- Update the WebSocket Host
- Request and Install a License
- (If necessary) Update the Windows service accounts that run the FME System Services.
- (Upgrade only) Restore your FME Server Configuration from a Previous Installation.
Note: Complete this step only if you wish to install a PostgreSQL database that is included with the FME Server installer, and do not wish to configure the FME Server Database on your own database server. For more information, see Provide a Database Server.
Note: Complete this step only if you are configuring the FME Server Database on your own database server, and did not install the PostgreSQL database that is included with the FME Server installer. For more information, see Provide a Database Server.
- Increasing the number of FME Engines that run when you start FME Server.
- Adding FME Engines on separate machines that are closer to your data.
For more information, see Planning for Scalability and Performance.