Running a Workspace with Published Parameters
Controlling Published Parameter Visibility
You can control the visibility of published parameters depending on the values of other parameters that are specified previously in the dialog. Visibility is configured in coordination with user parameters of type Choice and the Conditional Visibility setting in the User Parameters dialog. For more information, see Controlling the Visibility of Published Parameters.
From FME Workbench
- Select Run on the Menu Bar and check Prompt for User Parameters.
- Run the workspace.
- You are prompted for values. (Remember, however, that if you defined private parameters, you are not prompted for values.)
- If you want the specified values to load by default when running this workspace subsequently, check Save As User Parameter Default Values. (The default behavior of this setting is controlled by the Prompt And Run workspace parameter.)
- If you have presets defined and want to load one to supply values, click Presets and select Load<'preset_name'> for the preset you want to load. The Presets button allows you to perform other tasks dynamically with presets. For more information, see Reusing User Parameter Values with Presets.
- Click Run to continue with the translation.
From the Command Line
When you click the Run button to run the translation, the command line syntax is generated in the workspace log window. The syntax is visible in the beginning of the log file.
Command Line Parameters
|--FME_LAUNCH_VIEWER_APP||NO||If YES, the FME Data Inspector opens after the translation is finished.|