Select Server Apps > Manage Workspace Apps.
Workspace apps allow FME Server clients to run workspaces from a web browser. The "apps" are shared as URLs, and may be presented through customizable web pages.
When you create a workspace app to run a workspace, FME Server generates a URL for the workspace, along with a security token. The token allows anyone with the URL to run the workspace and configure published parameters, without authenticating to FME Server.
- You can provide your clients with access to multiple workspace apps and other links from a single, customizable web page. For more information, see Gallery Apps.
- Workspace apps provide some Progressive Web App (PWA) features, such as Add to Home Screen (A2HS). For more information, see this FME Community article.
The Workspace Apps tab of the Server Apps page lists the workspace apps that have been created.
By default, all apps are enabled to run when created. Disabled apps do not run, even if their tokens are not expired. To disable or enable an app, select an app, then select Actions > Disable or Enable.
From the Actions menu, you can also Remove an app or Change Expiration of an app.
To view and run an app, or copy an app's URL, click the View or URL icon of the corresponding app, respectively.
To edit a workspace app, click on it.
To Create a Workspace App
- Click New under the Workspace Apps tab, or select Server Apps > Build Workspace App. Alternatively, to duplicate an existing workspace app and revise, select an app, and select Actions > Duplicate. The Create Workspace (or Duplicating) App dialog opens. Complete or update the following:
- Name: Provide a name for the app. The name appears on the run page for the app. App names are case-insensitive.
- Description (optional): Provide a description for the app. The description appears on the run page for the app. Use the toolbar widgets to customize the appearance of the description, as desired.
- Repository: The repository of the workspace you want the app to run.
- Workspace: The workspace you want the app to run.
- Service: An FME Server service that the workspace is registered to run.
- Expiration: The expiration date and time of the security token of the app. After the token expires, the app will not run. The default expiration is 10 years from the current date.
- Require Authentication: If enabled, access to the app is restricted to designated Users or Roles in FME Server. Designated users must first log in to FME Server with their username and password before access is granted. Access is denied to all others. To enable, click the slider. Click inside the Allowed Users box to add the users and roles you want to grant access.
- User Can Upload: If the workspace uses the Data Upload Service, this setting allows users to upload temporary files that are used to run the workspace.
- Parameters: If the workspace has published parameters, configure the default values for each one when the app runs.
To revert to the original default values of the workspace, click Reset.
- Show in App: If checked, the app allows the user to explicitly specify a value for the parameter, or accept the default value. If unchecked, the app page does not display the parameter, and the app runs according to its default value.
- Browser Icon: A clickable icon to reference the app URL.
- Heading Background Color: A background color to comprise the banner at the top of the app page. Appears behind Heading Banner, if transparent.
- Heading Logo: Appears over Heading Banner and/or Heading Background Color, centered.
- Heading Banner: An image to comprise the banner at the top of the app page. If transparent, appears over Heading Background Color.
- Footer Text: Appears beneath the Links on the app page. Use the toolbar to customize as desired.
- Footer Logo: Appears beneath Footer Text, and behind Footer Banner, if transparent.
- Footer Banner: An image to comprise the banner at the bottom of the app page. If transparent, appears over Footer Logo.
The security token that FME Server generates for the app is configured with the minimal set of permissions to run the specified workspace. These permissions are shown under App Security. However, other permissions may still be required, and you may need to further test and adjust the given permissions. To adjust, click Add More Permissions. For more information about permissions in FME Server, see Role-Based and User-Based Access Control.