FME Server Schedule
Use the Schedule trigger to complete workflow tasks at specific times in the future. You can use a Schedule trigger in conjunction with an Action, such as Run Workspace, or an External Action, such as Email.
The Schedule trigger has two output ports. The success port (✔) can send a message if the trigger initiates successfully. The failure port (x) can send a message if the trigger fails to initiate.
- Schedule Type: Specify how often the task repeats:
- Basic: Repeats based on a calendar-friendly selection of intervals derived from a specified Start time.
- Repeat On Interval: Repeats in intervals from a list of predefined units.
- CRON Expression: Repeats based on your own cron expression.
- Date Range: Specify the schedule Start and/or End times. Alternatively, select Start Immediately and/or Does Not Expire, respectively.
- Recurrence: If Schedule Type is Basic, specify how often the task repeats from the drop-down selections.
If Repeat on Interval is specified, the schedule does not adjust when switching between Standard Time and Daylight Saving Time.
|Field||Required||Allowed Values||Allowed Special Characters|
|Seconds||Yes||0-59||, - * /|
|Minutes||Yes||0-59||, - * /|
|Hours||Yes||0-23||, - * /|
|Day of month||Yes||1-31||, - * ? / L W|
|Month||Yes||1-12 or JAN-DEC||, - * /|
|Day of week||Yes||1-7 or SUN-SAT||, - * ? / L #|
|Year||No||empty, 1970-2099||, - * /|
For more information about the cron format, see this FME Community article.
(Failure port only) Error type:
|error.message||(Failure port only) Error message|
For testing purposes, you can force a workflow that is initiated by a Schedule trigger to run at any time, regardless of the specified parameters of the Schedule.
When ready to test your FME Server Schedule workflow:
- Click Start Automation to enable the workflow.
- Double-click on the Schedule component you want to initiate the worfklow.
- Under Schedule Details, click Trigger.
A Trigger Schedule message displays to indicate whether the Schedule trigger was successfully requested. If so, the workflow runs as it is currently configured.