Installing a Scalable, Fault-Tolerant FME Server
Before installing FME Server for fault tolerance, make sure you have:
- Read and understood Planning an FME Server Installation, including Planning for Fault Tolerance.
- Provided the prerequisites in Before Installation.
- Linux: Ensured System Requirements are met on all machines you have allocated for your fault-tolerant architecture, including updates and dependencies.
To perform an installation for fault tolerance:
- Obtain the Installer
- Install the FME Servers on all machines you have allocated for your fault-tolerant architecture.
- Configure the FME Server Database on your database server.
- Set Up the Load Balancer and Configure with FME Server to route traffic between each FME Server instance you installed.
- Start the FME Server system services. Following a fault-tolerant installation, the FME Server system services do not start automatically. You must manually start them.
- Log on to the Web User Interface and update the password for the admin user account (recommended).
- Request and Install a License.
Optimize: You can scale-up your system by:
- Increasing the number of FME Engines that run on machines that are part of your FME Server deployment.
- Adding FME Engines on additional machines.
For more information, see Planning for Scalability and Performance.