Tip: To perform regularly scheduled backups, see Performing Scheduled Backups of an FME Server Configuration.
- Select Backup & Restore > Backup. The Backup & Restore page opens on the Backup tab.
- Filename: (Optional) Edit the name of the backup file.
- Backup To:Resource Location
Saves the backup (.fsconfig) file to a specified location on the Resources page.
- Choose Folder: Select the Resource folder to contain the backup file. To open a higher-level folder, double-click on it.
Post to Topic on Success/Failure: (Optional) FME Server is pre-configured to publish content about the success or failure of a backup or restore operation. By default, this content is delivered to the MIGRATION_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS notification service topic. You can configure an Automations external action to notify you over a supported protocol when a backup or restore succeeds or fails. For more information, see Monitoring FME Server Events from Topics.
- Click Save. The backup file saves to the specified Resource location, accompanied by a message.
WARNING: If you are performing a backup as part of an upgrade or re-install of FME Server, you must select a folder that will be accessible outside of FME Server following uninstall. Select either an Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3 bucket connection, or other network-based resource connection you created manually. All other folders will be inaccessible after FME Server is uninstalled. Alternatively, specify Backup To: Download.Download
Downloads the backup (.fsconfig) file to your local system.
- Click Download. The backup file downloads.
Note: On earlier versions of FME Server, this page may be named "Migration," and the interface may not match exactly the description that follows.