Select Tools > FME Options and click the Network Proxy icon.
Your organization may require you to use a proxy before you can use FME. Proxies are often part of corporate firewalls.
Choose this if you don't want to use a proxy. This is the default setting.
Note: On Windows and Mac OS, this setting is overridden in certain functions of FME by:
Any proxy-related environment variables that may be specified.
System-level proxy settings, including automatic or manual proxy setup.
These system-level settings may slow or prevent network access for some FME formats and transformers that use third-party cURL libraries, and certain web-based viewers in FME, including the FME Workbench Start page, FME Help viewer, FME Hub viewer, and OAuth authentication dialogs.
|Use system proxy settings||
Choose this if you want to use the proxy settings configured for your operating system (Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings).
|Proxy server requires authentication||If your proxy server requires login access, can enter it here. (Ask your system administrator for configuration information).|
Custom Proxy Map
You can map access to specific URLs through an alternative proxy on your system. Use a custom proxy map if you need to bypass your network's default rules or system proxy settings in order to access these URLs.
To map access to a URL through a custom proxy
- Click the Add button (+). The Add Custom Proxy Dialog opens.
- URL: Enter the URL you want to access. The URL can be either a full path, or a path that partially matches the start of the URL in the workspace request (case insensitive). For example,
- Proxy URL: Enter the URL of the proxy server on your system that will handle requests to the URL.
- Port: Enter the port number on the proxy server through which requests are handled.
- Proxy server requires authentication: If the proxy server requires authentication to access, enter the required credentials, including Username, Password, and Authentication Method (Basic, Digest, or NTLM).
To remove a custom proxy map, select it and click the Remove button (-).
To edit a custom proxy map, select it and click Edit.