Licensing options for reading this format begin with FME Professional Edition.
Licensing options for writing this format begin with FME Database Edition.
3D Geometry Support
|Reading and writing of 3D surfaces and solids is available only for Oracle 11g and above.|
Oracle Instant Client
Instant Client can be used to run your OCI, OCCI, JDBC, and ODBC applications without installing a full Oracle Client. Instant Client supports SQL*Plus.
For more information on how it works with FME, see
To use an Oracle Wallet with FME, leave the Username and Password parameters empty, and enter the name of the Oracle Wallet as the value of the Service Name or Easy Connect parameter.
The Oracle Spatial Object Reader/Writer module enables FME to read and write geometric and attribute data stored using Oracle Spatial. This module communicates directly with Oracle Spatial for maximum throughput. Both the relational and object-relational models of Oracle Spatial are supported by FME: the object-relational model is discussed here and the relational model is discussed in a separate chapter:Oracle Spatial Relational Reader/Writer
The object-relational model is often referred to as simply the object model, to prevent confusion with the pure relational model.
Raster and point cloud reading and writing are handled by unique readers and writers and are discussed in separate chapters:
If only attributes are to be read or written, the Oracle Non-Spatial Reader/Writer module should be used.
The Oracle Spatial Object reader reads attributes and geometry from Spatial tables in an Oracle Spatial Database.
The Oracle Spatial Object writer module stores geometric and attribute data in an Oracle Spatial database. Both uppercase and lowercase table names are supported.
The Oracle Spatial Object writer provides the following capabilities:
- Transaction Support: The Oracle Spatial Object writer provides transaction support that eases the data loading process. Occasionally, a data load operation terminates prematurely due to data difficulties. The transaction support provides a mechanism for reloading corrected data without data loss or duplication.
- Table Creation: The Oracle Spatial Object writer uses the information within the FME workspace to automatically create database tables as needed.
- Table Dropping: The Oracle Spatial Object writer has a parameter that allows each table to be written to be dropped if recreating, or truncated if appending.
- Index Creation: The Oracle Spatial Object writer will set up and populate all needed indexes and index tables as part of the loading process.
- Bulk Loading: The Oracle Spatial Object writer uses a bulk loading technique to ensure speedy data load.