Request and Install the License
Perform the following steps on the computer that acts as the license server:
- Click Start > Programs > FlexNet for Safe Software > View hostid.txt to open the hostid.txt file.
- Complete the online license request form:
If you are installing FlexNet on Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 and User Account Control (UAC) is enabled, right-click Start-Restart FME License Server and run this function using administrator privileges. If UAC is not enabled, you do not have to perform this step.
You will need either:
- A trial activation code (for example, EDHAKQ5W) or
- A product serial number (for example, BEGP-F7MG-21YL). To get your serial number, see the confirmation e-mail you received after purchasing FME Desktop.
If you don't have a trial activation code or product serial number, please e-mail your hostid.txt file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are requesting a combined license and are entering multiple serial numbers, separate them with commas.
If you do not have hostid.txt and are entering host information manually:
- Hostname is the name of the computer hosting the floating license.
- Host ID is the MAC address (or "Ethernet address") of the host computer (lowercase, with no colons).
Your hostid.txt may contain multiple Host IDs; however, you can enter only one in the online request form.
- Save the safe.lic file to the FlexServer directory. For example:
- Restart the FME License Server:
Start Menu > Programs > FlexNet for Safe Software> Start - Restart FME License Server