- Text: Produces a human-readable text file that can be examined using a text editor.
- Binary: Produces a binary version of the file in the legacy binary format, which is generally smaller than the text version.
- Compressed: Produces a compressed version of the file.
DirectX uses a left-handed coordinate system (LHCS), while FME natively uses a right-handed coordinate system (RHCS).
During export, FME features will be transformed to convert to a LHCS according to the option selected on the writer.
- Flip Z: FME will convert to LHCS by scaling all z-values by negative one (-1).
- Swap Y and Z: FME will convert to LHCS by swapping the Y and Z axes.
Specifies the preferred format for associated texture files. This preference will be used as long as the specified format supports the properties of the texture raster; if not, it will be overridden.
Possible values are:
- Auto (default) – The writer chooses the best representation based on the incoming texture raster.
If the preferred format is ignored, a message is added to the log file. Possible reasons that the preference will be ignored include a lack of raster palette support, alpha channel support, or color depth support in the selected format.