Pausing, Restarting, and Terminating an Instance
When you create an FME Flow Hosted instance, it enters the Launching state. The instance type that you specified at launch determines the hardware of the host computer for your instance.
When an instance is ready for you, it enters the Running state. As soon as your instance starts to boot and is running, you are billed for each hour or partial hour that you keep the instance running - even if the instance remains idle and you don't connect to it.
Pausing and Restarting an Instance
If you are not planning to use your FME Flow Hosted instance, you can pause it. When you pause an instance, it shuts down. We do not charge hourly usage or data transfer fees for a paused instance, but we do continue to charge for data storage.
Each time you transition an instance from paused to running, we charge a full instance hour, even if these transitions happen multiple times within a single hour.
For instance type pricing, see FME Flow Hosted Pricing.
To pause and restart an FME Flow Hosted instance
- On the Instances page, select the instance you want to pause.
- In the Summary tab, under Instance Status, click Pause Instance. Alternatively, under Quick Actions, select Pause.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Pause. It may take a few minutes to pause the instance.
- To restart the instance, click Start Instance under Instance Status, or select Start under Quick Actions. In the confirmation dialog box, click Start. It can take a few minutes for the instance to enter the running state.
Rebooting an instance pauses and restarts the instance in one operation. It is equivalent to an operating system reboot. In most cases, it takes only a few minutes to reboot your instance. Unlike pausing and restarting your instance separately, rebooting an instance does not start a new instance billing hour.
To reboot an instance
- On the Instances page, select the instance you want to reboot.
- In the Summary tab, under Instance Status, click Reboot. Alternatively, under Quick Actions, select Reboot.
- When prompted for confirmation, click Reboot.
When you no longer need an instance, you can terminate it. As soon as the state of an instance changes to shutting down or terminated, you stop incurring charges for that instance.
After you terminate an instance, it remains visible in the console for a short while, and then the entry is deleted. You cannot connect to or recover a terminated instance or access any data on it.
To terminate an instance
- On the Instances page, select the instance you want to terminate.
- under Quick Actions, select Terminate instance.
- When prompted for confirmation, provide the instance name, and click Terminate.