Licensing options for this format begin with FME Desktop Professional Edition.
|Oracle Instant Client||
Instant Client can be used to run your OCI, OCCI, JDBC, and ODBC applications without installing a full Oracle Client. Instant Client supports SQL*Plus.
See the FME Community for more information on how Instant Client works with FME.
|Oracle Wallet||To use an Oracle Wallet with FME, leave the Username and Password parameters empty, and enter the name of the Oracle Wallet as the value of the Service Name or Easy Connect parameter.|
The Oracle Non-Spatial Reader/Writer enables FME to read and write attribute data stored using Oracle. This module communicates directly with Oracle for maximum throughput.
If you are reading or writing attributes only, use this Oracle Non-Spatial reader/writer.
FME also supports Oracle Spatial:
|Point Cloud module|
|Relational model||Oracle Spatial Relational Reader/Writer|
This reader reads non-spatial tables from Oracle Non-spatial databases.
The Oracle Non-Spatial writer module stores attribute data in an Oracle database.
The Oracle Non-Spatial writer provides the following capabilities:
- Transaction Support: The Oracle Non-Spatial writer provides transaction support that eases the data loading process. Occasionally, a data load operation terminates prematurely due to data difficulties. The transaction support provides a mechanism for reloading corrected data without data loss or duplication.
- Table Creation: The Oracle Non-Spatial writer uses the information within the FME mapping file to automatically create database tables as needed.
- Table Dropping: The Oracle Non-Spatial writer has an option that allows each table to be written to be dropped if recreating, or truncated if appending.
- Index Creation: The Oracle Non-Spatial writer will set up and populate all needed indexes and index tables as part of the loading process.
- Bulk Loading: The Oracle Non-Spatial writer uses a bulk loading technique to ensure speedy data load.