Statistics are calculated and output on each point cloud feature individually. If you want to calculate point cloud statistics on a group of point clouds in aggregate, merge them prior to this transformer with the PointCloudCombiner.
This transformer accepts only point cloud features.
Features with the calculated statistics are output through this port.
Specifies which statistics to calculate for each component.
The following statistics may be calculated:
- Minimum: The numerical minimum for numeric components. The lexical minimum for string components.
- Maximum: The numerical maximum for numeric components. The lexical maximum for string components.
- Range: The maximum minus the minimum. Undefined for string components.
- Mean: The average value, calculated as the sum of values divided by the number of points. Undefined for string components.
- Standard Deviation: The standard deviation as measured by the "nonbiased" or "n-1" method. Undefined for string components.
- Sum: The sum of all values. Undefined for string components.
- Median: The middle value when the values are listed in order if the number of points is odd, or the average of the two middle values if the number of points is even. For string components, the first middle value is always used.
- Mode: The most frequent of all the values. If the dataset is bimodal (two or more values occur with the highest frequency) one of the values will be returned randomly.
Statistics will be stored as attributes on the feature. Attributes will be named <component>.<statistic>, where statistic is one of the following: min, max, range, mean, stdev, sum, median, mode. For example, if median was calculated for component z, then an attribute named z.median would be added to the feature.
Editing Transformer Parameters
Using a set of menu options, transformer parameters can be assigned by referencing other elements in the workspace. More advanced functions, such as an advanced editor and an arithmetic editor, are also available in some transformers. To access a menu of these options, click beside the applicable parameter. For more information, see Transformer Parameter Menu Options.
FME Licensing Level
FME Professional edition and above
FME Factory Used: @CalculatePointCloudStatistics
Search FME Community
Search for samples and information about this transformer on the FME Community.